Both administrators and applicants in Zengine have the ability to upload files to records. Administrators then have the capability to view and download these files while in the workspace.
Upload a File
Applicants will upload files while accessing a form and utilizing an Upload field.
Administrators can upload files while within the workspace. They can do this in one of two ways:
1. Administrators can access a record and upload a file into an Upload field directly (similarly to how an applicant would).
2. Administrators can attach files that are associated with a record but not necessarily uploaded into a field on that record. When viewing a record, the administrator should go to the side panel of that record and click the Files icon.
From here, you will see a green "+Add File" button.
Additional Actions can be performed on Files that have been uploaded via the form or via the Files panel. To view the available actions, click on the Files icon in the side panel of a particular record.
You can then have the opportunity to do one of the following:
- Download: Download by clicking the download icon (arrow) next to the corresponding file.
- Delete a file: The file can be deleted from within the record itself at the upload field that created the file, by clicking the red trashcan icon.
- View a File: Click the eye icon to view a file in the file viewer. From here you can also print the file, and download it in its original format OR as a PDF.
Accepted File Types
While our system accepts most type of files, we cannot guarantee that all files will convert successfully to be previewed through Zengine. When a problem file in encountered please take reasonable steps to remedy the issue including requesting a new file from an applicant. Please Contact us if you have questions or require assistance.
|Most common File type. Sometimes have trouble with Security Settings that will prevent viewing on the backend. Please review the type of PDFs you accept before starting you process.|
|. DOCX, .DOC (Word Docs)||Generally avoids any trouble. Not as static as PDFs but very useful.|
|. XLX, .XLSX (Excel)||While able, it is NOT RECOMMENDED to rely heavily on viewing these types of files in the backend.|
|. JPG, .PNG, .GIF||Accepting High-resolution photos should be tested prior to starting your process.|
|. MP4, .MOV, .FLV, MP3|| Pay special attention to file sizes when accepting lengher video or audio files.
Only certain video types will work in Review Portals. [Learn more]
It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use most file types outside of those recommended.
Files are currently limited to 1GB per file but this can vary based on the internet connection of the person uploading - learn more here. You are not limited to the number of files that you may upload, not the amount of total storage space. You can limit the size of the file upload that you want to accept in the field settings.