Workspace owners are required to maintain a free or paid plan within Zengine, depending on their usage.
When you create a workspace in Zengine you become the workspace owner. You remain the owner of that workspace unless you transfer ownership to someone else. If you are the owner of any workspaces you must select a plan after the free trial ends.
We have a free plan for people with individual workspaces (workspaces not shared with anyone else). When you are ready to commit and select a plan, do the following:
- Go to your Picture/Avatar.
- Click on My Account.
- Click on Billing.
- Once on the billing screen click on “Manage Plan.”
- View your current usage: First, you should be able to see your current usage: the number of workspaces you own, most users in a given workspace and the number of records used.
- Select a plan: If your maximum people is 1 (you) and you are under 1000 records, you can select the free Personal plan. Otherwise, you’ll need to select a paid plan. Scroll down further on the Manage Plan screen and select your plan.
- After doing so, the system will confirm the switch. Note that upgrades are effective immediately, while downgrades are effective at the end of the billing cycle.
Billing Options for Multiple Workspace Usage
If you are a member of an organization with multiple workspaces, you have the following choices for billing:
- All workspaces created by the same user - Organization desires one billing account: This is the simplest scenario. The user who created all of the workspaces needs to select the proper plan based on usage, and add a credit card for billing.
- Workspaces created by different users - organization desires one billing account: It's possible that in your organization different people have created and shared different Zengine workspaces and therefore your organization has multiple workspace owners.
- If the organization desires one billing account then you will need to pick one user to manage billing; this person must, therefore, be designated as the owner of all workspaces. Then, each workspace will need to be transferred to that user. Refer to this article for help on transferring workspaces. Once all workspaces have been transferred, then the billing owner will need to select the proper plan based on usage and add a credit card for billing. The users who transferred their workspaces and are no longer workspace owners should downgrade themselves to a Personal (free) plan.
- Workspaces created by different users - organization prefers different billing accounts: There may be times that for department or security reasons you want to have more than one workspace owner within an organization. In this case, each workspace owner will be responsible for picking an appropriate billing plan. You may use the same credit card to pay for each account, but separate invoices will be generated.
If you have any problems or questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-215-600-1729.